Throughout human history, lavender oil has been valued for its beautiful scent, one that we describe as clean and calm, fresh and floral. Lavender has many benefits. There are records of the Egyptians and Romans using lavender for bathing and relaxation.
Lavender’s calming and relaxing qualities are its most well-known attributes and these are present no matter how you use them. The Folgate variety of lavender offers a sweet, soft lavender smell with a slight hints of honey, citrus, and mint. We find that Folgate lavender essential oil is a great choice for those who love the lavender smell but might want a softer, more complex variety.
Our essential oils are steam distilled by our family on-site at the Selle Valley Lavender Farm in Sandpoint, Idaho. We use only our own lavender direct from the field, and we distill in small batches using our copper still. Try our Folgate lavender essential oil in the following uses
- Place a drop on your pillow to help with restful sleep.
- Apply directly after a burn to help ease the sting.
- Diffuse in a diffuser or hot water to ease stress.
- Add to bath water to soak away stress.
- Place a few drops on your temples when experiencing a headache.
- Rub into the arches of your feet before bedtime.
- Smooth onto skin irritations either by itself or with a carrier oil.